Corrupted files on external HD

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and couldn't seem to find an answer to my request.

I have a corrupted external HD. The majority of my files are ok, but a few dispersed files are corrupted. I would like to transfer my data to a new external HD but every time it targets a corrupted file, the transfer stops and I need to manually start it over. I have 250 GB of data in quite a few files, I'm looking for a software that will automatically locate and erase corrupted files so I can transfer all the data in a single request.

I've tried the "clone disk" feature in Data Rescue 3 and it didn't really do anything. I may have done something wrong...

Thank you for your advice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I don't know of any software that will do what you want, but it appears to me that you have a time-consuming manual task to do, and there's no simple way round it. I've been through a similar event, and it took me most of a working day to do the transfer of non-corrupted files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.