Smart Mailbox Help Please

Reaction score
I have a group of people that I regularly email. I've defined them as a group in Address Book. I then set up a smart mailbox so that all their emails to me are shown in this mailbox. However I would like all my emails to them to appear in this mailbox also but I can't find a way to do it.

I went to the Apple Store this morning but nobody there was able to help so I'm hoping that some wizard on these forums can solve my problem.

Many Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I think you can do it easily.
Create a Smart Mail Box with the following Rule:
Contains: messages
that match all the following conditions
sender is a member of a Group
(This is where you would choose the Address Book Group

I hope this helps

DavidH

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried that and it doesn't work. If I do as you suggest then I get all my friends emails to me in the smart mailbox which is great. If I then add my name to this group then I get ALL the mails i've sent to everybody, including members of the group, appearing in the smart mailbox.

What I really need is a pair of rules that state 'sender is a member of group' AND 'recipient is a member of group'

Unfortunately the latter doesn't seem to exist (or I can't find it!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi dave, try setting up a new Mailbox and using mail/preferences/rules to have all mail sent to that box;

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3
What I really need is a pair of rules that state 'sender is a member of group' AND 'recipient is a member of group'

Unfortunately the latter doesn't seem to exist (or I can't find it!)

Alternatively, you could try to split it out in "Sender is a member of group" AND "Any Recipient contains", making one recipient rule for every possible recipient. However, if you have too many (changing) names in that group, that might be difficult.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.