iPhone / Macbook Pro Sync

Reaction score
I am trying to sync up my iPhone to my new Macbook Pro for the first time. I plug up my iPhone, go to iTunes, and go to my phone. When I go to the individual tabs (Music, Apps, Contacts, etc.) when I check the box to sync, music for example, I get the following message:

"Are you sure you want to sync music? All existing songs and playlists on the iPhone will be replaced with songs and playlists from your iTunes library"

Currently there are no songs in my iTunes library. I am afraid if I choose this option that it will erase all the songs on my phone because there are no songs in my iTunes library. I get the same message when I try to check the sync box in all my tabs (Contact, Apps, etc.). Since my iTunes library on my new Macbook is empty of all this information I am worried I will erase all the info on my phone.

I hope that made sense. I appreciate any help you can give me and I look forward to using the forum in the future. Other than this issue, I have had great luck with my switch so far. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.