New iMac / Office for Mac / Fonts

Reaction score
Morning all,

I got a new iMac at the weekend so have been migrating my files and ways of working over to the new system (previously worked between my old laptop, girlfriend's mac book pro and my desktop PC at work... )

I've installed Office for Mac and in moving stuff across I also copied font files from my girlfriend's macbook that weren't on my imac.

But I don't really understand what's happened as the mac book had about 400 fonts on it and my imac says it now has 1400!!!

When I open Word it runs really slowly, i constantly get a timer and it has a hissy fit when trying to open the font pull-down menu.

So i'm thinking this is because the computer is picking up so many fonts...is there any way to 'roll-back' the fonts i installed. Or delete them? (theres no way to 'sort by' date installed in Finder, so i'm not sure which ones they are). Any suggestions much appreciated

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks colin - i tried that, but that must be when the files themselves were modified, as they're all 2009 or earlier! I only copied them across the other day but theres nothing even close to May 2010.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try using Uninstall to get rid of Office and then check to see how it runs, if it is still slow then you could try an 'Archive and Install' to add new system files and check again. Failing that i guess it is a clean install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.