I ran over my macbook with a car !!!

Reaction score
I know the title sounds stupid but my car accidentally rolled onto my macbook which was only in a soft slip on case with a magic mouse underneath as well as I was getting stuff out of the car.
Straight away I inspected the laptop which now has a curve in it and an inprint of the keybord onto the screen, the magic mouse is cracked on top.
When I turned on the computer and it worked straight away and the mouse worked as well (although it's right click is hard to do).

Howz that! I use Panasonic Tuffbooks at work and I know they wouldn't like this abuse.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I want to see pics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums!

Surprisingly this is not the first instance of this happening ~ do a search. Do not think Apple would want to use this in marketing alas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP2.26/4GbRAM
pics or it didn't happen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
worthless.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
that'll ruin your day for sure...

agreeing with the wanting to see pics :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
C'MON SON!
Pics or it didn't happen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
Sounds like a job for myth busters.... maybe they can line up a hundred macbooks and slowly drive over them to see how many still work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3
Sounds like a job for myth busters.... maybe they can line up a hundred macbooks and slowly drive over them to see how many still work.

They'd have to do the same with non-Mac notebooks then, as a comparison... (and for my own enjoyment ;D).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Um... What ? Why was your MacBook on the FLOOR in the first place ? This sounds like a nonsense story. And if it's true, I'm going to have to hold back my mouth piece until I hear a logical/reasonable explanation for WHY it was on the ground, in line with your car tire. Please tell me... because my silence is causing me mental anguish !

Here's a joke to tide me over though:

Q: Why did the blond sit and stare at the container of orange juice for so long ?
A: Because it said "concentrate"

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.