• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple scaling Final Cut Studio apps to fit prosumers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Eh, that's one of those I'll believe it when I see it type rumors, and I figure if they do muck up FCS too much, I'll just stick with FCS3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not a bad idea, the installation media takes up 50GB alone; I don't even know how big it gets after installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, honestly, it needs to stay that big - or near about - the programs themselves are really small relatively - all that extra space is taken up by the added content for Motion, Soundtrack Pro and DVD Studio Pro - but not the actual programs themselves.

The only place to save space really would be to determine if Garage Band is already installed - there is some overlap between Soundtrack Pros audio loops and what Garage Band has - they really ought to see to it to not duplicate that, but that's just my opinion.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
You mean have a folder for loops that Garageband, FCE/FCP and LE/LP can access would be a good idea. Then there would be no overlap of loops. And would save a lot of space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or, if loops that are Soundtrack specific and won't work in GarageBand, etc. they can be kept separate, but for any loops that already exist, since I know STP will look for all loops on the system (including ones from Garage Band), it gets annoying scrolling thru a ton of loops because you've got double entries :( And it would save space. Not sure how much, but I'm sure it's got to be some.

Extra Note: I was reading in a video forum I frequent a similar thread line - and one of the posters provided this link: (blog is: Philip Hodges' 1700-word response, titled "Why AppleInsider couldn't be more wrong:") http://www.philiphodgetts.com/2010/05/18/why-apple-insider-couldnt-be-more-wrong/ which is an interesting point of view that discusses how wrong Apple Insider has been in the past regarding Final Cut and what he from his experience thinks might be coming.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple to keep the 'pro' in Final Cut Pro | Apple - CNET News

This link basically says Apple made a responce to the "FCS for prosumers" rumour had been doing the rounds. And Apple's responce is:
Final Cut Pro is the first choice for professional video editors, and we've never been more excited about its future," Apple spokesman Bill Evans told CNET. "The next version of Final Cut is going to be awesome, and our pro customers are going to love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.