Triple monitor setup with my mac mini.

Reaction score
I need to run three separate monitors on my mac mini. No gaming involved here, multiple screens will only be used for display/advertising purposes so in my opinion the mac mini is capable enough to display different images on each screen.

I have 3 Samsung 2253LW running at a native resolution of 1680x1050. My initial thought was to get a Matrox TripleHead2Go but that would limit me to a resolution of 1280x1024. As far as I know running below native resolution would result in blurred images on the lcd.

Instead I would want to know if connecting via mini-dvi to vga a Matrox DualHead2Go running at 1680x1050 each for 2 screens plus having the third screen connected via mini displayport to dvi running at 1680x1050 work? (Sorry for the long question)

I do know that the Mac Mini could drive two displays at a time using the mini dvi and display port. Since the Matrox DualHead2Go works by making 2 monitors seem as if it were one bigger monitor, would this setup work? I badly need answers fast.

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.