GeekTool 3 HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS 10.6.3
Screenshot2010-05-18at15619PM.png

here is the screenshot of my desktop trying to get geektool weather to work

i tried a script that someone posted and still no go ... nothing every populates .. the weather icon shows but never the temperature ... as u can see the empty box to the right

i followed these directions and still no go
YouTube - CoolEnufForaMac's Channel

my zip is 10312 .. i copied the url and also rss feed link and still never works .. the date and time all works fine .. just the weather i cannot get to work ...

i also tried to put a script for calendar but the dates and the days of the week do not line up correctly

i am also having an issue with geektool starting on system reboot .. i have to manually start the program from the menu icon i have on desktop

i went to accounts and login apps and have geektool select but still nothing ..

any help please .. i have been trying to get this fixed for days

is there an issue with the app itself ... should i delete and reinstall???

here is the script i tried for weather that someone posted and it still doesnt work for me
curl --silent "http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=USOH0408&u=f" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|F<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's///' -e 's/<\/description>//'

: | with no spaces should be where the smiley face is .. it converted that .. haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.