Ebay and Apple Laptop Warranties

Reaction score
Has any purchased an Apple care warranty on Ebay? They are well discounted, but are they legitimate?

TIA,
david

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Folks in the know advise against purchasing Apple care from eBay. Yes, you might get a legitimate AC that way but the chances of being cheated are a lot greater. If you're a student or belong to an employee's buying program, you can save substantially on AC direct from Apple.

My employee's buying program as an example - would save me close to $90 on an Apple care extended warranty for a MBP 15" or 17" machine.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If you're not buying directly from Apple, make sure you get a sealed box.

Anyone selling AppleCare codes by email (no box) on ebay/Craigslist is selling cracked enrollment codes. Most of the sellers on ebay are selling cracked codes. (Which do work...hence their high feedback.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I bought a brand new sealed pack from eBay for my last Mac (Mac Pro & ACD) and it activated fine - was also half the price.

Once I sold the Mac though, they didn't like the fact it wasn't purchased from a Apple reseller. They still transferred the warranty but I wouldn't do it again to be honest.

One of the clauses in the T&C's is you need to provide proof of purchase and they view that as being from a Apple Authorised reseller...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if you do a search on this you will find some of these cracked Applecare packages were being accepted by Apple, however within ninety days were being rejected for Applecare for the obvious reason. Be very, very careful purchasing from eBay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.