• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

A sad story about how Apple hates hard currency

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
To you, maybe not. To me, both the seller and customer are equal parts of the problem.

If there was no customers for scalpers to sell to, there would be no scalpers.

That has to be the dumbest and most flawed piece of logic I've heard yet. I'm guessing you haven't heard yet, so let me clue you in:

In the world, there are people who make either a little bit of money, a bit more than a little, enough to pay bills and be slightly comfortable, enough to pay bills, be slightly comfy and are able to splurge on nice things every once and a while, or then..... there are those in a much higher tax bracket whom can afford to splurge a lot... and THEN.. there are those whom are pretty loaded OR.. are willing to invest for a return, and can splurge a BOAT LOAD !

I hope you're catching on... Main point ? The whole thing about scalpers is that it is their JOB.. their actual JOB to go out and make sure that someone in a lower tax bracket than they are, doesn't get a chance to purchase said scalped item in order that they become desperate enough to pay a bit more for it, when they're given the chance.

This usually applies to one time deals such as concert venues, where scum bag scalpers place such high bids on tickets, that only those with substantial money to burn can now purchase these tickets. The same rule applies here, it's no different.

As for people who are in a country where the product hasn't hit yet, I find that to be a somewhat different story. These people know the risks and understand that they're going to be paying a premium. They also know that said product will eventually be sold in their part of the world, so if they want to get ripped off, that's their prerogative I suppose.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.