Double Items in right click menu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
This really isn't of utmost importance, but thought that if anyone had a quick solution it'd be nice. For some reason I'm seeing double on a few items here in the right click menu for pixelmator and flickery

xhuR5.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
This really isn't of utmost importance, but thought that if anyone had a quick solution it'd be nice. For some reason I'm seeing double on a few items here in the right click menu for pixelmator and flickery

Are you certain you do not have 2 copies of the app installed? A simple way to check would be to launch each of those off the menu, right-click the Dock icon, go to Options > Show in Finder and examine the file path.

If you don't have duplicate copies, then you might want to use your favorite maintenance utility (Onyx, MainMenu, IceClean, etc) to do some housecleaning. Updating the Prebindings and the Locate Database in particular might fix this.

If you have OS X installed twice on your computer, as a dual-boot solution, then it could be related to that. I have a backup install, and every now and then, I accidentally get double-entries like that off the backup. Running those maintenance utilities may help in clearing that up.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've also seen those double listings show up if VoiceOver is turned on. You can check for that in Sys Preferences - Univeresal Access.

In Onyx specifically, rebuilding Launch Services has taken care of this for me. If your issue is not related to multiple copies installed, dual booting or VoiceOver, in Onyx I'd recommend you head for the Automation tab, check off everything under Maintenance and Cleaning along with Launch Services under Rebuilding.

If you already have MainMenu or some other utility, most of them will have this option

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.