Trackpad Scrolling and Tracking Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook (2.2 Ghz @ 2GB RAM) 500GB
Hi,

For some reason every now and then (getting more often everyday) my trackpad freezes up and moving my hand with one finger ends up scrolling the page instead of moving the mouse, also, when scrolling with two fingers nothing happens - it's as if my computer thinks one finger is now two. The only way to fix this that i've seen is to leave it for a long time or place 3 fingers across the trackpad so the whole pad is covered (placing fingers sideways) - after a few seconds it goes back to normal. I have no idea why or how this started happening.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Any chance you have inadvertently changed the setting in Sys Prefs/Mouse. Poor typing can mean a 3 key press that makes a change without your being aware you did it.

OP
rohan.xlr8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no, its not that
however, i do seem to have found a temporary fix - its not ideal, but its ok
I got a piece of paper, folded it several times - so its fairly thick then opened my battery cover and placed the paper on the trackpad square- i then closed up the battery, and the trackpad seems to be working a 100 times better.
is there some better kind of fix for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Is it still under warranty?

OP
rohan.xlr8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope - its long over
i have a black macbook late 2007 - but i got it in march 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
My Trackpad Freezes

I've called tech support a few times about the trackpad freezing, they had me do some things but it still does it, so they say I need to have it looked at. It's still under warranty. This is so frustrating, having to part with it already

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
Trackpad works better since the moisture in the air went up. Glad not to have to part with this wonderful machine. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.