Software Update cannot install???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 inch iMac (2007) 2.4 GHz, 1TB 7200 RPM, 4GB RAM, ATI RadeonHD2600 256 MB,
Hi,

I have been having trouble updating my software. The real worry is the combined OS X Snow leopard update. I keep getting the following error:

The update “Mac OS X Update Combined” can’t be saved.

The update could not be verified. It may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs.

Can anyone suggest a reason for this and/or a solution please. Many thanks,

JG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What version OS X are you running? On what machine? By what means are you attempting to install the combo update?
Please post back more details. (it would also help to put your specs in your profile so they show up under your name)

Reaction score
Hello - I am sorry to bring up an old post, but was hoping I could get some help.
I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on an iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core i5.

For the last week or so, I have tried about 3 times to get this update to download. Almost halfway thru each download, I get the error:

The update “Mac OS X Update Combined” can’t be saved.
The update could not be verified. It may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs.

There are 2 updates available... iWeb Update and Mac OS X Update Combined.
I've tried downloading each of them separately, but the same error keeps occurring.

Any ideas what I can do about this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
I'm not sure which update it is. I clicked on the apple and hit the system update.. This was the update available. How would I check which version it is?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.