iphone car charger, which is best???

Reaction score
Hello, want to start a little pole of which iphone charger is best???

I bought a car charger/usb adaptor thing recently; AND IT IS CRAP!!!

If I use the GPS function, or surfing the net (obviosly not whilst driving)
then inspite of being on constant charge, the battery drains with incredible speed.

This is just silly! There must be chargers which supply enough power to the iPhone to allow constant full use of all facilities whilst on charge in the car and top up the battery too!

There are umpteen thousand chargers out there for sale!
Does anybody else use their iphone so heavily whilst in the car and if so what charger do you use successfully without the power drain issue?

Also, is there a way that the charger could be hard wired into the car?
I am toying with making a permenant fixture for it in the sun visor and making a nice flush fit, any thoughts on that too?

Look forward to everybody's input...
Thank you all in advance :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I use the stock Apple wall charger plugged into a power inverter in my truck.....

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Guys, thank you very much for the input :)

I am going to go and buy another one, just want some feeback from people who use them already.

Something that will give the iphone enough juice to run google maps whilst on the move or make calls etc without draining the battery.

I should be able to plug the thing in to charge a virtually flat battery, use the phone/GPS/interweb etc whilst in the car (on charge) and still have a fully charged phone by the time I arrive at my destination!

Anyways, enough of my rant, thank you very much for your input, much appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.