Photo Booth/iChat displays a very warm RED image.

Reaction score
Not sure what happened...but when I open Photo Booth or iChat or Skype my image is VERY red. This happened all of the sudden. I was using it earlier in the day and it was fine. I've restarted and it's the same. Now I'm repairing permissions and hoping for the best. Any other ideas or has anyone had the same thing happen?

Thanks.
Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Has the light in the room changed - poor light seems to do that.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi Collin. Thanks for the welcome.

Nope, lighting hasn't changed. Well I mean besides the fact that it has turned from day to night outside. I use the same lights I always use and the problem still persists.

I don't think this has anything to do with the problem, but my MacBook was recently serviced by Apple. I unfortunately didn't buy AppleCare (I will definitely buy it next time!) but Apple recently replaced my Energy Star Main Logic Board, the AC charging connector, and the Top Case. Again, I don't think this has anything to do with the problem, but just throwing it out there. This repair was completed a week ago.

Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
In the interests of troubleshooting how about booting into a new User and opening iChat or Skype there to see if you get the same color issues. In the hope it is a setting in current User - set up with old logic board.

OP
C
Reaction score
Turns out it WAS a lighting issue. It'd odd...seems like it got stuck on a very hot setting. Turned off lights and it didn't help. Had to go to another room with very different lighting and it seems ok now. Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.