How is the 3G guys?

Reaction score
How do you like using the 3G on your iPad? Does it work well most of the time? I'm asking be use I kinds miss it sometimes :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 24", 64G 3G iPad
So far it's good, when I need it it's there! It's just nice always being connected...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66GHz Quad-Core 8GB, Radeon 4870 * MacBook Pro 17" 3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram * 64GB 3G iPad
Having the 3G was WELL worth the extra cost. Being able to sit at the beach and read, surf the web, and email was awesome. I noticed that on more than one occasion, the 3G service was significantly quicker than the available Wi-Fi.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I still haven't used the 3G yet, but having GPS has been great :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
I get like 2.4 download speeds on 3G according to my iPad speed test HD. :) It is much faster than I had anticipated and I love it. As said above, Ive taken it to the beach a few times and theres nothing like being connected away from everything. Absolutely love it. I think that its a no brainer. I mean, you get WiFi on the 3G. For $130 why not have options?

Reaction score
3G is good for Web and Email and most other things but video streaming is irratic. I think that we are going to have to wait for 4G for true mobile(non wifi) video streaming.

OP
V
Reaction score
3G is good for Web and Email and most other things but video streaming is irratic. I think that we are going to have to wait for 4G for true mobile(non wifi) video streaming.

True video streaming with 3G? I'm not sure it's a matter of hardware on Apple side. It's a problem of network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
I finally got a chance to try out the 3G on my iPad this morning while I was waiting for my car to get fixed. Overall it worked really well. Although I could see blowing through my allotted 250MB of data quickly given the right circumstances. In less than two hours I consumed 25MB of data--one-tenth of what I purchased for 30 days. Something tells me that if I wanted to bring it up to the cabin for a weekend (where the only Internet service is what you can get off the 3G network), I might use it up very quickly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.