iPhone 3gs Flex Ribbon -Number 1- Broke while replacing digitizer

Reaction score
Hey, I'll describe you what happened, One day i was running down my drive, i was wearing tracksuit bottoms so they were bouncing arround, in my pocket was my iPhone.. It fell out of my pocket and the screen then cracked on the floor! Oh Dear!

I then phoned apple but unfortunately they couldn't help me, so i purchased this: iPhone 3GS Digitizer LCD TOUCH SCREEN Replacement GLASS on eBay (end time 15-May-10 15:52:52 BST) I replaced the digitizer and everything was complete, THE MOMENT AWAITED! I turned my iphone on, but the LCD Was not working..

I Re-opened my iphone, and found a tiny little gold bit of wire, i took a closer look and found that the plug on cable number 1 was broken, the tiny little chips in the cable had been dislodged, HELP!

Thankyou

Reaction score
not easy

I would say contact some1 who hase experience with replacing iPhone screens in the regio you live and ask for advice . Iff the cable indeed is broken search some1 who can burn the 2 pieces back 2gether

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to replace that entire ribbon cable as the connector can not be soldered back in place. Since I'm not sure what's on the other end of the cable, it's probably best you take it on to your local Apple store and pay them to do it for you. Any further attempts at repair may make matters worse.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.