Renaming MP3s

Reaction score
:|
I have a collection of music, ripped form my CD collection before I had internet access (yes there was such a time). I now need to get the titles changed to be able to use them in iTunes. Does anyone know a good automatic way of identifying the tags and renaming the files accordingly. There seems to be a load of stuff for the other platform but I cant find anything for Mac osx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are they whole albums, and can you tell which files belong together in the same album?

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, they're whole albums. I originally saved them into folders I made but at the time there was no automatic online referencing so if you didn't name them yourself then you got track01 etc. Back then this wasn't an issue, I only had media player and no portable device. now I use iPod and iTunes so without id names they're pretty useless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you give put an individual album into a playlist you should be able to use iTunes's get track names, but let us know if this works

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you can tag songs right from iTunes, it will do a batch tag for multiple songs you select so you don't have to type the album and artist every time :) it's done from Get Info

and do try what louishen suggested :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Folks

Kevriano's answer works best. The free downloadable Tagr is very easy to use. Searches for art work, track info etc. Very quick, then you select which tracks to impose the info onto and it writes back to your drive. Even if they're already added to your iTunes, the first play updates the info:).

Gr8 stuff, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.