silly and slightly embarrasing firefox question

Reaction score
How do i clear the search history/suggestions in the google search box in my browser (not too bothered the one on the actual google page)?
I have browsed some sites that i wouldn't want everybody and their dog to know about.

And before anyone points out that i should have used private browsing.... I already know that haha, i just forgot to turn it on and then went "wooops" :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
I don't use Firefox (Slowest Browser Ever), but I'm pretty sure there's a little icon with a clock in the top-right of the window. Clicking on it should show you your history. Find the pages you want to delete, then right-click/forget about this page.

Reaction score
I'm using firefox right now, theres no clock.

Click on "history", then "clear recent history" and select "everything" from the drop down menu in the window that appears. That should cover your "a"r"s"e"! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
I'm using firefox right now, theres no clock.

Click on "history", then "clear recent history" and select "everything" from the drop down menu in the window that appears. That should cover your "a"r"s"e"! ;D
Oh, sorry. I think you need to customize the toolbar to add that button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
You can also prevent FFox from keeping track of where you've been simply by using Preferences > Privacy > Keep My History ......... and winding it down to 0 (1 might be more helpful to you).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.