IMAC?? Or Not??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.6 3.o6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I have a pc. (sorry,sorry!). I spend more time working on it than getting anything done! I got a virus that wiped it out a few days ago, running Norton Antivirus 2010, fully updated!). I have spent some time reading about the imac. It all sounds very good to me. I have some dollars coming, and think I am going to get the 21 inch imac. Just curious about how many reasons you can come up with for me to buy the imac. I want to do some selling online, a new home based business I am starting. And I love to work with pictures, just family stuff . :) I am fed up to HERE with windows! Will I like the mac better???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you used or tried a Mac to me everything is much easier to accomplish and have
had very few issues over the years most involved third party. The Mac seems to run
faster than Windows based machines and the aesthetics ain't bad either.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I have never even seen a mac. I don't know anything about them, other than all the good things I have read about them. Are they hard to learn how to use? :|

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there an Apple store near your home or a Best Buy? If there is, go on in and play with the various Mac machines they have on display. An Apple store is the best place to go since all the sales reps who work there are generally very knowledgeable and willing to help.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Thanks, I have never even seen a mac. I don't know anything about them, other than all the good things I have read about them. Are they hard to learn how to use? :|

You will be surprised how fast you will pick up on it.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's the problem. I live in the country, no Apple Stores near here. I can't make a trip to the nearest big city just to see a mac. I will order online if (when) I decide for sure to get one. Everyone here has pc's. I need to go now, duty calls, will check back later to read all the pro's about a mac, and some info on the operating system. I seriously need a new computer, and just can't see getting another pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.06Ghz, 4MB Ram, 1TB HDD
I bought a brand new 27" iMac a few months ago to replace my T43p Thinkpad running Vista and I will NEVER go back to a Windows PC. Everything is so much easier on a Mac. After you switch you may find some things hard to figure out, because its TOO simple to use and wrap your mind around. After a week or so you'll be a pro. Mac = Win. IMO

You don't have to go to an apple store, lots of places sell them. For example I bought mine from future shop, they had them on display there, and you could play with them.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You make it sound like a mac is very user friendly. I think an imac, the 21 inch, is what I will get. Thanks everyone! The nearest place that might have a mac is Radio Shack, about twenty miles from here. I will have to go and see one! I can't wait to get one, I am so tired of my computer crashing all the time. Do you really not need a virus program with the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Not one virus software is needed, as a PC user, you may find this hard to believe, but there are NO viruses for Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.