switching to a new macbook pro but cant recover old info off old NO POWER

Reaction score
purchasing a new macbook pro and my old mac dosnt power up at all! took it in and they said it needs a new logic board so i just want to buy a new one but dont have any power on the old one! any programs or ideas?!
thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
the old info is comming off of an older desktop mac...curious about the hard drive thing though. wouldnt you have to take apart the whole computer to do that?

OP
M
Reaction score
just thought of something...i have an older imac..the blue bubble type. can i just take the HD out of the G5 desktop and put it in the old imac to recover the info?
PLEASE HELP

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Another option is what I like to call, "the best tool ever created for anyone who is serious about playing with computers":

Newegg.com - VANTEC CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter

For $20, you can't beat it. And I guarantee you'll use it more than once. Very handy to have in a pinch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you can always pull out the drive first to see if it's a 3,5 or 5,5 ... I mean, you will have to take it out anyway

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If it's a desktop PowerMac G5 it's a 3.5" Desktop SATA drive. What CWA suggested is the way to go as that device will come in handy another time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.