Keyboard not working

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro 15" 2.4ghz silver key model. I spilled a little water on the keyboard and now the keyboard is not responding. THE GOOD NEWS is that the mouse and click button still work. Does that rule out a logic board problem and can I just go aheah and swap out the keyboard ???

thx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can give the "keyboard swap" a try, but in my experience, anytime water is spilled on the keyboard it seeps through to the main or logic board. Please refer to the sticky post at the head of this forum regarding spills before you do anything else.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Can I test the 2.4ghz water damaged macbook pro with the keyboard from a 2.2 ghz ?

(also, most of the keys on the water damaged keyboard work. keyboard does not light up thou. I guess there is no way to bring this keyboard back to life?)

*******computer has already been drying out for weeks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.