iPOD WONT TURN ON

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
I turned my iPOD/NANO off this morning and recharged it. When I went to turn it back on it would not turn on. I thought maybe I hadn't turned the electricity on on that outlet so I then plugged it into my computer and nothing happened. The computer didn't recognize the iPOD and it also didn't turn on.

Is it necessary to take it in for repairs or is there something I can do first? Do the batteries eventually die. I do use it alot.

Beaneysue

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may be a dead battery or bad charging circuit. I'm assuming the Nano is like other iPods in that even if the battery is low, you can plug it into your Mac and it will be seen by iTunes.

You probably need to take it to Apple. Is it still under warranty?

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
Thank you for your reply. This is a big mystery. My iPod works now. I honestly have no idea what I did to make it not work the first time or to make it work again. I hope it's not temporary.

Beaneysue

Reaction score
Have you tried holding down the centre button and the stop button for several seconds to see if it will kick it back to life?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
Danny, My iPod is working now and I don't have a clue as to what I did to get it going again. Maybe I did what you have suggested without realizing that that was a solution.

Thanks for your answering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.