buy now or wait for updates for icore macbook pro 2010 freezing & other issues

Reaction score
I have considering getting an i7 15 inch macbook pro 2010 model with the 500 gb hard drive. But I have been reading extensive threads on various forums & in the apple forums about random freeze ups of the computer. I have thought about a rule of thumb when new technology comes out, to wait about 6 months for the bugs to be worked out. Should I hold off for now? until apple fixes this problem? I would certainly not be happy if I spend 2,000 + dollars on a machine that freezes up randomly on me, & at this price, I cannot really afford to take a gamble that my computer will have these problems. It seems to be prevalent like a 50/50 chance mine may suffer from the freeze up bug.

If I want slow downs, freezes, or an occasional crash, I have a PC that can do this for me now for free.

Reaction score
Not 100% sure on this, but are not the problems with it freezing up a software problem?
If so would it be correct to think that these problems could possibly be corrected with os updates or something. ??
I'm curious like the guy above me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Plus you will get 1year warrenty with you Mac for free, then you may also purchase a further 2years. This may be an option to ease your mind.... I haven't seen any solid proof that the MBPs are malfunctioning. I don't think you need to hold off.. If something happens, ship it back to Apple.

-Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.