Microsoft Virtual PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
I have a question. I just installed Microsoft Virtual PC 7.0.1 on my system. I have Mac OS X 10.4.1 with all the updates. I did not purchase my Windows OS with the VPC as I already had a copy of Windows 2000 and used that version. After finishing the install I went and installed the VPC Additions via the CD within windows.

Everthing seems to work like a champ, I can scroll from Mac to Windows without any issues, etc. The only problem I seem to have is that VPC will not put the start menu in my dock. I select "Show Start Menu in Dock" under my dock setting, but when I select OK, it's not there. Then when I go back into the setting for my VPC, it's unchecked. I scanned my system to ensure permissions were good and it said everything was fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.