Macbook question.

Reaction score
I have a black Macbook (2.4ghz mb404) and I spilled something on it a while ago. I read the sticky and I took it to an apple store and it was cleaned and the logic board is fine. I have replaced the RAM and reset the PRAM and the mb will work fine for about a week. Then, every time I try to shut it down, the mb will restart itself. I have checked the applications that could force a restart and I have also created a new user account.

Anyone have an idea of a fix I could make?

Again, the logic board was tested and switched with another identical model and is fully functional. All of my ports and other integrated devices on the board work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Spill damage can effect more than just the logic board. Swapping out the board can get the machine working again, but later on as corrosion sets in from the spill, other components may begin to fail.

I can't say for sure if that's what is happening with your machine, but it certainly is suspect.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Best bet is to ALWAYS keep liquids away from electronics.

"An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.