What do you thinks wrong with my powerbook?

Reaction score
When the laptop is powered by the battery, usually @ around 50% it just dies on the spot.. when I start it up again the clock has re-set..

I presume it's just a duff battery, does anyone else think it's something more sinister?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Could be the battery, could be the logic board. I assume it's ok when connected to a power supply?

OP
R
Reaction score
Yeh it works fine when the power is connected, however recently it wouldnt work on power.. (well it was intermittent) so Ive ordered a new supply so we'll see if that works and if it does I'll order a new battery :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12" 1.33 GHz 768 MB OS X 10.5.8
Which PB model? It may not be relevant, but interesting anyway.

How old is the battery, or better yet, how many charge cycles do you have on it?

When did you last calibrate the battery?

It sounds like a weak/old battery on a model that does not have a backup battery to maintain the system settings when the main battery is dead or removed for an extended time. As you've guessed, the power supply could be the culprit, if it's not charging the battery properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.