Uncalibrated screen

Reaction score
I'm starting to notice that my screen has become uncalibrated. I thought iPad and iPhone screens don't get uncalibrated but I guess so. What can I do should I bring it to apple:Grimmace:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Not sure I understand!

What do you mean uncalibrated? Are the colors pale, not well defined.

If so, then yes take it back to Apple Bronto!

This should not have happened at all.

Reaction score
I am guessing that the OP is stating that the screen is not seeming to work correctly as in, he might press a certain spot on the screen, and maybe an app next to it will load, or that he has to touch the corner of an app to make it load?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
WOW that kind of calibration, haven't had to go through that since my Palm Pilot/Treo days :D

If that is the case, then I still say back to Apple Store ASAP!

Sorry, I am pretty sure the OP doesn't want to hear that. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
Takes me back 10 years or so.... Anyway, try a reboot.... Hold the on/off button and the main (you know, the only button you actually use on the iPad) button together for 10 seconds or so.... Slide to turn off..... When it is off press the on/off button until the apple shows up. When its all back that might fix your problem.....

If not, then take it back....

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Devices like the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad use a capacitive touch screen and not a resistive one, so no calibration is needed. If the screen does seem to be off or isn't properly responding to your touch inputs, try the reboot and see if it clears up, if not, might be a hardware glitch..

Regards

OP
J
Reaction score
i know these screens cant really be uncalibrated but i was wondering if anyone eles had screen problems, its not that bad but i notice when im in safari wherever i touch is directed slightly above. Its no big deal al brig it to apple when i have a chance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.