A Multi-monitor noob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
So heres my problem...I have my Black Macbook, A huge This-End-up solid wood desk, A very modern room, and a $500 budget. I would really like a multiple monitor set up. But is has to look good, as in they have to all be the same type of monitor and it has to be symmetrical, I have no idea where to start, How many monitors can I drive with my Macbook? Am i better off investing in one large monitor? and finally, any suggestions on monitors?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without a video device\adapter, you can only drive one external monitor with your Mac. Your BlackBook uses an Intel GMA X3100 integrated GPU which really isn't all that fast anyway. I have the same GPU and use an external Samsung 22" when at home. It works well.

Here's an article that shows how to do it with a MBP. Might have some hints you can use.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.