Pages: Vertical Centering?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I am a newbie to Pages, and I've run across a problem that is really aggravating because it should not be rocket science... but it seems to be, at least for me.

Let's suppose you're writing a letter and it only takes up two paragraphs. You have about a third of the page as white space, which means that everything below your text, to the bottom of the page, is blank.

To make it look presentable, you want to center the text on the page so there is equal white space above and below it.

In Word for Windows, you select File --> Page Setup --> Layout --> Vertical Alignment and choose "Center." Done.

How in the world do you do this Pages? I've scoured the manual and online help and can find nothing on this.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Vertical Centering of Text in Pages

Create a text box on your page. Type your text in the box. Highlight text in box. Use inspector. Click on the T for text and to the right you have the option to align text to top, center or bottom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.