Very pleased new imac owner!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, over the past two weeks I have done my part in ensuring that Steve Jobs and the Apple crew still have jobs!

I have bought three 16gb iPod nanos for my wife and two kids (I already own a 64gb iPod touch and 4gb nano).
And yesterday, I was lucky enough to be at my local Apple Store and they just got a shipment of iPads and I got my 64gb 3G iPad! Yay for me.

My wife and I had been kicking around the idea of getting a Mac for months. I figured I'd get a MB pro, but recently started looking at iMacs. Pulled the trigger yesterday and got a 27" quad core and upgraded the ram to 8gb. This thing just hauls ***! I can't believe how much faster this thing is over my pc (which is a high end digital storm gaming pc). This will primarily be my wife's computer, but I will be seeing myself doing quite a few things on it.

I'm pretty interested to see if boot camp works, I will be trying that down the road probably I'd like to see how well Call of Duty runs on this thing for comparison to my pc.

Anyhoot, thought I'd drop in and say hello. I have been reading the forums here for a few weeks and have already found some useful information so I'm hoping to contribute to a good community here.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Awesome purchase..I've got a 27" i7 iMac as well..and this thing does indeed rock..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats on the imac purchase.
And I can say bootcamp works on the imac just as good as it does on a windows box. I'm not so sure about multitouch on the magic mouse in bootcamp though. But everything else just works in bootcamp. And it's pretty good for gaming in bootcamp and in OS X as well. And with steam on OS X now there's even more choice.

Starcraft 2 is another addictive game being optimised for OS X as we speak. And if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Your wife is a lucky lady. But, you'll be using that iMac more and more.
Hope you've got some cash left! ;)

Reaction score
Planning to switch

I found this site just now and am excited because I am planning to dump my PC and switch. I will be sucking up all the information I can read on this site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.