What software does this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey guys,

Hope this is in the right section.

Ok so those who know me on here know that I use a decent range of Adobe software, but mainly for photography and web development. So I'm completely lost as to which software I would need for this particular project of mine.

Basically I need to make a little image voice over movie like this one for my site: Twitter Search in Plain English - Common Craft - Our Product is Explanation Expect my videos will all my animated images in like a movie like format, no hands of paper cut outs. So almost like I would just need to create images in a storyboard fashion and then into a movie.

So that being said...what tools do I need to accomplish this? What software from Adobe...or for that matter from anyone...do the trick?

Thanks for the help in advance guys! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
3 steps to do what you want.

Step one.
Get a good mucrophone and hook it up to your Mac. or use the Mac's internal speakers.

2. Step 2.

Acquire one of the following software applictions to record your voice into a file on your computer.
Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
Voice Recorder: A Voice Recorder & Audio Player for Mac OS X
WireTap Studio | Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Freeverse: Mac: Games & Apps: Sound Studio 3
Or you can use quicktime pro to do this too. Or you can search google a little more for more software options.

Step 3.
Use something like imovie to link your voice over to your movie. So you get one movie with the vioce over included. And then you can upload the movie to your website.

OP
TheGreatApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Thanks for that! I'll check all that out now! Helps a bunch!

Anyone know though what software I would need to actually create the images myself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
First you'll want to make each of the still images really polished. You'll need some imaging editing app like:
Photoshop/Illustrator
Pixelmator
Gimp
or any other drawing/painting app you like. This is just to edit the photos/images and get them as pristine and polished as you want them to be.

Then it'd be best to get a still image animation app. Something like Framed X might be what you're after.
Framed | Free Stop Motion Animation Tool, Create QuickTime Movies from Still Images
Play around with that a little. And if it's no good try a google search like this for more:
creating still picture animation OS X - Google Search

Once you have made the animated movie you can record the voice over, and then import the voiceover and movie into imovie and link the two together into one seamless movie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.