• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

David Letterman switching to the Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
David Letterman switching to the Mac
David Letterman switching to the Mac | The Loop

I'm surprised he knows what a Mac is. He's not so smart with the techno gadgets and things. But at least it says one thing. If someone of his limited intelligence can find the light and switch, that means anyone is smart enough to switch. So saying "I'm too dumb to switch" is no longer an excuse.

Reaction score
Usually the argument I get from PC users is "Peple who know nothing about computers use Macs"..

So actually, this would just further prove their point. (not that I agree mind you..)

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well if someone says that to you, then you just say

"Yes people who know nothing about computers use Macs, but so do the pros who one day these people will be" :).

But yeah I agree with you. Some windows fanboys are pretty subborn and refuse to accept the truth, even if what they say is obviously untrue.

Reaction score
Usually the argument I get from PC users is "Peple who know nothing about computers use Macs"..

I've had people say that to me before. This usually comes before I start debugging the memory dump they just had on Vista..

<--- used to work for Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

So actually, this would just further prove their point. (not that I agree mind you..)

That would be the majority of the masses might better buy some Apple stock
soon.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Another thought, how do you know that David Letterman is clueless on computers? Just because he is a talk show host? I have ran into people who you would never think know much about computers at all who know quite a lot in fact.

I just had a neighbor come up to me today while I was putting out the trash and ask if I knew anyone who would trade them a Mac notebook for their Dell notebook. They told me they are just fed up with Spyware and Virus's and having to be so careful just doing basic surfing of the web. This person has worked with computers for 15 years and is not dumb at all, but just fed up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I guess the majority of us on these forums know enough about computers to own a Mac.

Reaction score
Big deal, Letterman is an *** and an idiot, this is bad plublicity for Mac if you ask me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.