Macbook Pro 13" vs. Macbook Pro 15"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3G 8GB, Ipod Touch 1G 16 GB
i am going to get a new computer very soon and i dont want one of those unreliable PCs so i have opted for a Mac. I just need to know what to get, a 13" or a 15" Macbook Pro? i will be using it mostly for videos, music, games, and school work. So could you please tell me which one to get, thanks

Reaction score
13 or 15 inch

I would establish a budget or maximum amount of money you are willing or can afford to spend. Then from there get the most computer you can afford. I would focus on the processor speed, RAM, and hard drives can be upgraded later but not the processor. For my needs I am thinking of getting the high end 15 inch, I feel it is always better to have a little too much computer than not enough, especially with the processor, especially if this is to last you a few years.

But by no means am I an expert, wait for more experienced user's replies, as I am new to macs as well.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 vs 15

thanks for the reply i think that i would be willing to spend around 1500 but i Was just wondering if you really knew the difference the i5/i7 and the intel core 2 duo processors because I don’t want to spend an extra $400 to buy a processor that is not really that much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
You'll get a substantial improvement with the Core i5 compared to the Dual Core 2. I'd go 15" inch if you want to play games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Lulz. The i5 eats the core 2 duo for breakfast.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 vs 13

true but i mean im not really gonna do hardcore gaming and i dont really need all of the great graphics cause i have a 360 but just to game in the car or on long road trips. Portability would also be nice too. i just dont want to spend another $600

Reaction score
same here

i have the same issues as you do.
frankly, i have a 15" hp laptop and crash constantly due to the single-fan design that overheat everyday.
i actually stop by an apple store to take a look of the both, if you do stuff with the 15" laptop for more than a year 13" is no good for you, but than it comes down the price. 13" only cost 1099 for me as a student and 15" cost 1699...

anyway i will go for the 15 and i think you should do the same.
ill wait til the BTS time to buy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.