mac mini updates soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
the mac mini shipping times are 6-8 days. does this mean updates are around the corner?

X

xthisisRomancex

this is one just for you to guess the mini has never been through a ipdating cycle so we have no clue on the "general" update times IMO, no they problably wont be upgraded when did they come out in like november. but who knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
they might be waiting for the stock of processors, highlighting why they are going intel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah but they could be waiting for ibm to ship them the g4's for the mac mini.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
PowerBookG4 said:
yeah but they could be waiting for ibm to ship them the g4's for the mac mini.

Freescale make the G4s for the mini and as the worlds largest manufacturer of embedded micros I doubt they have any shipping issues.

The only reason that Apple have a problem with IBM for G5s is that Apple only order in small ad-hoc batches and only represent about 2% of IBMs manufacturing load from a single plant, those small batches just have to wait their turn.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
inflexion said:
they might be waiting for the stock of processors, highlighting why they are going intel

How is going to Intel going to help? Dell orders 10 million units and Apple order 2 thousand, who will get priority?

Amen-Moses

K

Kokopelli

Amen-Moses said:
How is going to Intel going to help? Dell orders 10 million units and Apple order 2 thousand, who will get priority?

Amen-Moses

For the first pass? I would argue Apple gets the 2,000 immediately and Dell would get 9,998,000 immediately and 2,000 (0.2% of the overall order) a week later. This all assumes that the 2,000 could not be pulled from elsewhere such as delaying a shipment to retailers like NewEgg, which is more likely.

There are a number of reasons that Apple might be catered to even given their comparitively low volume. Intel needs a showcase designer. Intel gets a major win in the press by Apple going to them. It costs Intel very little to cater to Apple to a certain extent. They might not get parity with Dell, but very well might get parity with most any other system designer.

No idea on a new Mini though. I would be ticked since I just ordered one, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kokopelli said:
No idea on a new Mini though. I would be ticked since I just ordered one, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

My guess would be on a 1.67Ghz top model as the next upgrade with the 1.25Ghz staying unchanged.

There is a possibility of the HDs going to 60 & 100 as well but only if the PowerBook gets a raise to 80 & 120.

The only other possible upgrade would be the Gfx, maybe 9600 with 64Mb?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Increase in ship times rarely means updates around the corner. If they stop taking orders then that usually shows a new model coming out but increased ship times are usually just a shortage of parts for them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.