Can't send/receive e-mails via MacMail 4.2 (or iPhone) all of a sudden

Reaction score
Hey guys,
One of my e-mails (hotmail) suddenly stopped from sending and receiving email from mac mail 4.2 (max os x) just yesterday afternoon (it also completely stopped working on my iPhone as well... it seems to be a similar issue?). Before this it was working perfectly fine - it just stopped suddenly. I didn't change any settings via hotmail or my macmail program (or on my iPhone).

It keeps stating that the username and password is wrong although I'm able to login to hotmail via the web just fine with the same user/pass. I have about 4 other e-mails (gmail, etc) setup in Mac mail that are still working fine...

Not sure what happened... I've searched the forums for similar issues but haven't come up with any solution.

Is anyone having similar issues? Anybody know of any solution...?

Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
It's working now...!

Hey guys, my e-mail just started working again via Macmail and my iPhone... I made no changes to my settings or password/username... my iPhone just started receiving e-mails again so I went in and checked on my desktop and al lis good now.

I had also posted on Windows Live Help because I wasn't sure if it was a microsoft/hotmail issue or mac issue: Can't send/receive my hotmail e-mails via MacMail 4.2 (or iPhone) all of a sudden

someone from microsoft/hotmail must've helped on the back-end...? :)

Thanks! Issue resolved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.