g4 bus speed change

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
not sure where this should go as it applies to all current g4 computers. does anyone think that there will be a change in bus speed before the change to intel is made?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I don't think so. The G4s have a much lower bus speed on them than the G5s, and I don't think that is going to change...

Reaction score
macman88 said:
not sure where this should go as it applies to all current g4 computers. does anyone think that there will be a change in bus speed before the change to intel is made?

Not likely...why redesign a mobo when what you(apple) really need to do is gear up for the next platform? Get the powerbook now...personal, I never bought this thing for functionality...just got it for the cool/bad a55 lookin' laptop factor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The only G4 that might get a bus speed upgrade might be the iBook. It's the only one still running at 133MHz. All other G4s are running on 167MHz, which is the fastest bus speed a G4 can take anyway as far as I know.

I think that will be for the iBook's next upgrade, faster bus speed and Tiger-compatible graphics. And maybe equipped with 512MB RAM as standard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.