Constant Scroll Speed? (No acceleration).

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if there was a way to make OS X scroll at a constant speed. I'm new to OS X and this is driving me wild.

I.e.: I just want pages to scroll based on how many times my mouse wheel clicks, not how fast I'm clicking it.

-- Derek

OP
N
Reaction score
Try in System Preferences/Mouse for this;

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Unfortunately, I don't see that option. I don't have a trackpad -- does this only apply to trackpads?

Or should I be seeing this option regardless? I just have a regular mouse.

Thanks,
Derek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
That is part of the problem, u give no data on your OS or your Hardware - so how are we supposed to guess and answer. If u want help you need to paint a verbal picture at least, then we know what we are dealing with.

OP
N
Reaction score
That is part of the problem, u give no data on your OS or your Hardware - so how are we supposed to guess and answer. If u want help you need to paint a verbal picture at least, then we know what we are dealing with.

Sorry for not being clear. I am running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on a desktop computer with a non-Apple mouse. Here are the only options in Mouse Preferences:

sy0ah3.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.