Add on to play videos

Reaction score
I know there's an add on you can download for the mbp to play different video types(eg .wmv)
I think it's called voc player?

Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, if I get a .wmv file I can't play it on my mbp with quicktime. But I've been told that if I download an 'add on' it will enable me to play them and other video formats.

Reaction score
The OP was probably trying to clarify the name of the video player. It is likely VLC that he wants.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks, it was the vlc I was thinking of. Is it something that works automatically or will I have to convert files? The vlc won't work with wmv?

Reaction score
I like VLC a lot, a lot more so than Quicktime. I don't understand why QT pauses the video when you move the time slider bar during video play. But to the OP, I would go and take a look at VLC, its a lot better, and plays darn near everything.

OP
T
Reaction score
While I haven't used the vlc player much it has worked great so far. There was a few email attachments I couldn't play and it worked for them.

OP
T
Reaction score
While I haven't used the vlc player much it has worked great so far. There was a few email attachments I couldn't play and it worked for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.