Please help! Interface confusion w/ my MacBook Pro :(

Reaction score
I have an Audiobox usb interface with which i am trying to use my condenser microphone through garageband to record vocals. I have gone into system preferences to change the input from 'built in', to usb.

Whenever i do this, where it says 'settings for the selected device', i get this: "the selected device had no input controls".

I'm not sure how to fix this. I already have selected Audiobox in garageband as my input, but since i cant get my mac to see it in preferences, its not letting me record :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Are you getting any power to the interface? Try another USB cord, plug it in, load up Garageband and then turn the interface on.

This is from the PreSonus website:
"Installation in Mac OS X
The AudioBox USB is a class compliant core audio device. No driver installation is necessary. Simply connect your AudioBox USB to your computer."

OP
M
Reaction score
I use the usb cord that came with the interface...when its plugged in, the lights do come on, and when i plug my headphones into it, i do hear what the mic picks up...its just not letting me record with it...when i record the mic on the computer picks up the sound instead of the condenser mic

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.