keyboard/track pad difficulties

Reaction score
I tried reading through some old threads, but couldn't find anything that directly addresses my problem.

I decided for the summer that I wanted to learn the Devorak keyboard over the summer, and that switching the keys would be more conductive to learning. I got almost all the keys switched, but then had to leave for a week. I shut the top of the macbook and left. when I came back I recharged it, and then finished moving the last 5 or 6 keys.

I'm noticing a few problems though.

The Z key (normally the /? key) was extremely sensitive, but after a few restarts it is much better now. Still a little more sensitive than normal, but it doesn't go off without touching it any more.
The semicolon key (normally the Z key) refuses to work at all.

I tried to be gentle when switching, but in all likelihood, I probably damaged them. :[ Is it fixable?

The track pad is a strange problem though. It worked fine before I left. Now sometimes my pointer sticks as I'm trying to move it across the screen. Only for a second, but it gets annoying. Also my two finger 'right click' doesn't work at all, but my two finger scroll works fine.

It would be nice for a quick fix, but I might just take it in soon.

Background
-Its a July 2007 Macbook
-Warranty expires this July
-Had a hard drive crash in November 2009. Got a new hard drive in January 2010
- Battery was replaced in Jan as well.
- No previous problems with trackpad or keys before

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.