Apple to issue software fix for lingering iPad Wi-Fi problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
weird... i dont have any problems with WiFi on my 3g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
Just a small percentage seem to have it, I sure don't....

Glad for the update though.....

Reaction score
I have this issue sporadically on my ipad. When the ipad goes to sleep or when the wireless is not being used for long periods of time (like when I am watching a movie on it or reading a book on it), when I try to use safari or the app store or some other wireless-using app, I will be prompted for the network password. I have been using the workaround that was republished on several mac forums by Princeton University, where I turn my wireless on and off, forcing my ipad to grab a new ip address.

This has worked consistently for me.

The workaround is not inconvenient, so I am in no rush for the fix, but it will be nice to have.

Reaction score
Unfortunately they haven't given a date for the release of the fix. I would hope that it would coincide with the iPad launch in the next 9 countries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
I don't have a problem with the wireless functions other than it sometimes doesn't want to connect to my network. Simply turning the iPad on and off fixes it right as rain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I have this issue sporadically on my ipad. When the ipad goes to sleep or when the wireless is not being used for long periods of time (like when I am watching a movie on it or reading a book on it), when I try to use safari or the app store or some other wireless-using app, I will be prompted for the network password. I have been using the workaround that was republished on several mac forums by Princeton University, where I turn my wireless on and off, forcing my ipad to grab a new ip address.

This has worked consistently for me.

The workaround is not inconvenient, so I am in no rush for the fix, but it will be nice to have.

This is precisely what I am experiencing. Very disconcerting.

Reaction score
My solution

I didn't have problems for the first day I had the iPad. But after downloading two apps from the iPad App Store app, I started getting frequent disconnects from my router. I reconnected the iPad to my desktop and completed a backup and updated some additional apps. After that I had no problems until today when I downloaded another app from the iPad App Store app. Once again it started disconnecting. I just completed another re-sync with my desktop and so far no problems. Just a suggestion to anyone with this problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was having some problems early on because it would keep dropping the connection when I was in my bedroom. I know that the wireless signal reaches there just fine since I can access it just fine with my Macbook and iPhone. So as a stopgap I simply increased the power output of the router and that seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Let's hope this update fixes the problem so that I can bring the power output back down. Keeping it at this level is going to shorten my router's lifespan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.