Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New 13" Macbook Pro 2.5 ghz, 4gb ddr3, 500gb hd | 16gb Nano
My apple keyboard ate it this weekend ( accidental spillage ). I'm now using my old Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard on my Mac. I'm unable to use boot commands now ( ie: holding down "C" to boot from cdrom etc.). I tried switching around my USB connections, still no go.

I looked around Logitech's site and google for any solutions for the problem. Found a few post at some random sites of people having the same problem as I, but no solutions. One thing I noticed upon boot is that the keyboard is not enabled until way after the opening boot chime.

Any Idea's?

Power PC 1ghz Mirror Doors
OSX Panther 10.3

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New 13" Macbook Pro 2.5 ghz, 4gb ddr3, 500gb hd | 16gb Nano
Crap, I looked around alittle more and found that this keyboard cannot send keystrokes until its drivers have been loaded.

New question, does anyone use a non-apple usb keyboard that is able to initiate boot commands?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have 2 Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboards. One is on my G4 Yikes and the other on my G4 500Mhz Sawtooth. I can hit C and boot from the CD, I can hit the keys and get right into Open Firmware. The only keys that do not work properly without the Logitech OSX driver are the Alt and Option(Windows) key. Otherwise it works great just plugged into the USB port. The driver is only needed for the keys that are different on the Mac and PC, the driver remaps those keys. The normal keys should work fine and do here. Are their different Internet Navigators by Logitech? One of mine is older than the other yet they both work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.