How to download older version of Java for mac

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to mac. I am on OSX 10.6.2 and java version that came along with it is "1.6.0_17". My company code is being built on Java 1.5.0_16. So i need to download that version of Java.
How/where can I download that version of java? I searched Apple support page with no luck. Also, I checked under Versions folder for installed versions of Java
ls -l /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions and all that shows me is that 1.6.0 is a proper folder, everything else 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 are all symlinks to 1.6.0. I think that once I get the java jdk downloaded, I can point the symlink CurrentJDK to that java version and I should be good.

Please advice on where I can find older versions of java.
Thanks in advance.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't know if this will work, as I haven't tested this, but this page has instructions that get you to install the Java 5 version that was included with Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I don't know if this will work, as I haven't tested this, but this page has instructions that get you to install the Java 5 version that was included with Leopard.

Another alternative is downgrading to Leopard, but I think that's a little drastic...:Oops:. Good luck with vansmith's suggestion!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.