Rogers withdraws $20 option

Reaction score
When I ordered the IPAD this morning, the link on Apple to Rogers (wireless provider) stated:

$15 for 250MB a month,
$35 for 5 Gig a month,
for an Extra $20 to share your current data plan with your iPad.

The $20 option made sense, so I pre-ordered.

Now, Apple and Rogers have withdrawn that option. Claiming... 'oops'.

I can withdraw my order (I think), but the only option I will now consider is simply getting the Wi Fi. Drive to Buffalo, and simply buy the wireless product.

$35 monthly is nuts.

Many of us dropped Bell when they started to act like a monopoly. Rogers Wireless, be careful.

Reaction score
I live in the NY, but I did hear about this deal and I thought it was a smart move for the wireless company.

But retracting this offer? Garbage.

Just reading your post again, I was thinking something else too, it says "share you wireless connection with iPad" does that mean tethering? That's what my new thought is, but not really sure.

Cause my first thought was, if you have a iPhone that has their wirelss service, you can add the $20 iPad charge. But not sure if that was the case.

Thoughts?

OP
C
Reaction score
Cause my first thought was, if you have a iPhone that has their wirelss service, you can add the $20 iPad charge. But not sure if that was the case.

That's what I was hoping for when I ordered the Ipad.

On a related note to Canadian users, the thread about US 3 G is interested. We don't have unlimited, so wonder how far into the month we'll get before it shuts down.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/201806-question-regarding-3g-network.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.