in stall help

Reaction score
i have a mac book pro and i need help installing osx on the new hdd that is in it...

i just put the drive from a nuther dead laptop in the mac and now i need to in stall osx on there but i dont know how to do so i have windows 7 on the disk now

thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Wow, talk about a run-on sentence and lack of punctuation!
Anyways, you'll need the OS disc(s) that came with your MBP. Put the disc in, restart and hold the "C" key. Follow the install instructions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Or a full retail install version of Leopard or Snow Leopard. Pop the disc in, boot and hold down 'C" after the chimes, go to Utilities and selecrt Disk Utility and partion the drive in GUID mode and format, back to the installer and select your language, let it run and then update from the Apple web site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
How much room is in the stall? Could be a one-person at a time deal, meaning you're on your own. ;)

What source is the OSX you're trying to install coming from? Describe it by version, and appearance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.