Energy Saver settings for battery vs. adapter not working

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently made the switch from PC to Mac and love it.

I noticed a small problem on my MBP and can't seem to fix it. The problem is I want to have two separate settings for the energy saver.

When running off battery, it should be set to "Better Battery Life" and when running on Adapter it should be "Higher Performance".

What keeps happening though is that whatever I set it to for Battery, it mirrors those settings for Adapter, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the option to change it.

I only want "higher performance" when im plugged in running off the adapter, and better battery life when running on just battery.

Can someone direct me?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this: Make sure that you're operating on AC power when making the changes. Setup the AC first, then the battery. Click the small lock closed at the bottom of the dialog to lock in the settings. Should work.

Let us know.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Try this: Make sure that you're operating on AC power when making the changes. Setup the AC first, then the battery. Click the small lock closed at the bottom of the dialog to lock in the settings. Should work.

Let us know.

Regards.

thanks for the suggestion but I already tried that and still didn't work

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). See the following Apple KB article: LINK I'm not sure that's going to work but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work and since your machine is probably still under warranty, this may be something to take up with Apple. There are other reasons (mostly hardware) that can cause what's happening.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.