Clicking on Trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
In my system preferences > keyboard and mouse, I have enabled the "Clicking feature of the trackpad. You know, allows me to tap on the trackpad to click something instead of clicking the trackpad button.

now, the problem is when typing...from time to time, the cursor jumps to other parts of the document. "Ignore accidental trackpad input" is checked. I have no idea whether it's my thumb pressing against the trackpad from time to time (I'm pretty sure it's not though) or whether it is an internal error.

anyone having such problems?

thanks in advance

jtr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
its not an error, it jus the way your palms are hitting the track pad it is not reading it as accidental, it is reading it as a purposeful touch. That is why I left this feature off, just got annoying.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It got annoying for me today...I've actually turned it off.

thanks for the reply.

T

Tel

There is an option to eliminate accidental trackpad input but I've never had this problem or used this feature so I can't say how well it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i turned this feature on the second i got my powerbook and never looked back. you do have the mind your thumbs and inside of your wrists when typing but i think that technically when you type your wrists should not be touching anything anyway

the feature is something to get used to but when it happens just highlight what you accidentally typed cut and paste it and youll be fine
-chris

O

october

you know..i kept having this problem when I was using a normal mouse plugged in..so I thought it was the mouse..but seeing as how everyone is having this problem with "clicking on trackpad" i'm just going to take it off, cause i never use it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
october, I believe there is an option to ignore trackpad when a mouse is present...you might wanna try it out.

O

october

JackTheRipper said:
october, I believe there is an option to ignore trackpad when a mouse is present...you might wanna try it out.

Yeah..i noticed that as well..but I think it was just the clicking option that made it do that..i swear I wasn't hitting it..cause I was using the mouse..not even close to the trackpad..and it would rush the mouse to the corners of the screen..which sucks when I have my screen saver set on the bottom left corner.

It hasn't happened since I switch off clicking..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.