iPhone screen volume issues and Apple support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
We have been dealing with Apple support for a while now with my girlfriends 16gb 3G iPhone. When listening to music via the ipod app you can not adjust the volume via the screen. When you slide the bar, it moves, but goes right back to where it was at. The side button works just fine, there are no other issues with the touch screen.

Apple has had us reload the phone multipal time, both from back ups and fresh installs. They replaced the screen, and did a fresh install from one of their computers. They are now telling us that it is a software issue that is user inflicted. They say it could be coming from her using her Dell laptop with Vista or the music that we have imported into itunes. They want us to run it with no apps for one week, then start syncing 1 app at a time testing for a while the loading the next.

I think this is BS... To play their games we used my old MacBook (fresh Snow Leopard install) to set up the phone as new. iTunes was never used, I imported the iTunes music purchased via apple from a back up. We loaded the facebook and CBS radio app thats it... Low and behold the phone is doing the same thing today.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? I'm going to take the phone in myself and deal with them. Any pointers on dealing with the repair reps? I've never had any issues with Apple warranty until now.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
Just got back from the Apple store. Much better experance this time, this service rep actually seemed to care. She plugged it into her laptop said it has to be some type of hardware issues. Since they already replaced the screen she went ahead and exchanged the phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.