thank you..Mac and Mr.Jobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
hi guys,

i'm totally thrilled to report that i've completed exactly 9 months on my mac .. perhaps the loveliest time i've had computing after being close to 19 years on a PC ..

I'll try to be brief but honestly i'm having difficulty stopping myself..

I primarily use my computer for business - so it was genuinely very difficult to switch - took me a very long time. Fear that i might not be able to be on top of my work - held me back for quite some time. I finally switched last Aug.

1. The OS .. omg ... everything has been designed with just 1 thing in mind .. maximum productivity to the user in the most simplest of ways. Its a joy to work on a Mac.

2. Keyboard shortcuts - - in my earlier posts, i went around asking if there are enough keyboard shortcuts on a Mac!! Later on, i was actually asking - "how do you remember so many keyboard shortcuts"!!!

3. Mail vs Outlook - with all respect to Outlook, i think Mac Mail is way superior (for me .. at least). No offence to anybody who feels otherwise. I love the simplicity ... the speed.

4. Programs
a GTD - i'm spoilt for choice between THINGS and THE HIT LIST ... never worked with anything so beautiful before..

b. Notes - Circus Ponies ... wow ... another winner for me..

c. 2 days back i landed upon isoftphone - i travel 3 days a week so its a FANTASTIC addition to my collection.

5. Photos - for my personal photo collection, i think iPhoto is simply the best thing i've come across - a very simple and elegant way to manage my entire collection of personal photographs and short videos.

6. 2 things that i simply cannot get over :-
a The ability to do calculations in spotlight ..!!! I've been caught on innumerous occasions trying to locate a calculator while on phone with a client. No more ... its there with me all the time.

b The speed of boot up and shut down ... i'm saving anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes per shutdown /restart ...

i'm sure this post could be much longer ... but for now i'll just sign off saying "THANK YOU MR.JOBS" - u absolutely rock.

And a huge thank you to all the members in this forum for all the help that i've got from reading the posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Cool. Glad your loving the Mac experience, and I'm very sure Apple and Mr Jobs are too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Emperor Jobs and his Shogun Ive will be pleased I'm sure :).

Seriously I'm glad you like your Mac purchase. Congrats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Send your note to Apple, addressed to Jobs.

I once did that after buying a car. The dealer sent me a small gift!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Steve Jobs would kick Chuck Norris' ***.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
how do i send my note to apple?

the computing experience i've had is a huge gift in itself ... but if there was any way i could let them know how i feel, i'd breathe easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Steve Jobs would kick Chuck Norris' ***.

Yes he would but Chuck's *** is harder then diamond and he would not even feel the kick. Mind you seconds later he would have laid the smack down on Steve for removing the shine on his ***.

And on a serious note you should send your concerns to Jobs via email. Of recent he has been replying to emails he's got from the general public. Mind you his answers most times are just one word. "Yes" or "no", or "please educate yourself" or something just as terse and quick. But they answer the questions people have.

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that Google (And Firefox search bar) act as calculators too. ;)

While I do like my Mac so far I'm not quite as.... Amorous about it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
how do i send my note to apple?

Go to the Apple web site. I think you should be able to poke around until you find some contact information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.